I had the pleasure of working with Marissa Bader on her first children’s book The Only Me.
Illustrations and Book Design by me!
Be the best you! Stella and Paige are 7-year-old fraternal twins who don’t look alike and have very different personalities and interests. Yet even so, people constantly compare them or comment about how strange it is that they’re not more similar. This has Stella feeling frustrated. They may be twins, but that doesn’t make them the same person!
Stella wishes people would see her for who she is, and not just as “Stella and Paige” or as “one of the twins.” All of the comparing and contrasting leaves Stella confused about her own identity—who is she outside of her sibling relationship? She also wonders if perhaps she doesn’t measure up to her sister, Paige.
Can Stella find a way to accept and value herself for who she is, and realize that she and Paige can each be their own, special and unique people, and still be twins?
- Perfect for kids trying to find where they belong.
- Teaches the importance of honoring, accepting and celebrating our differences and unique selves in all kinds of relationships.
- Great resource to help young readers with feelings of value and worth.
- Helpful for kids struggling with identity and self-esteem challenges.
- Ideal for ages 4-10.
- Language : English
- Paperback : 35 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8985768114
- Item Weight : 4.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 8.5 inches